List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Kicker-Applet crashes while loading KDE (using libkabc)
From:       Bert Speckels <bert () speckels ! de>
Date:       2002-10-25 12:06:39

> Do you use KABC::StdAddressBook or KABC::AddressBook?

I use KABC::StdAddressBook ... but I do not access the addressbook until 10
seconds after startup to lock out that any action of my applet causes the
crash (I use a QTimer for that)

>> Just linking that library crashes the panel.
> Hmm, and you are sure it's because libkabc? If you do not access some
> classes out of the lib there won't be created/destroyed any data...
> Maybe a namespace clash?

Mmmmh ... I removed libkabc from my applet and then it doesn't crash. When I
insert it (without any access to StdAddressbook) it crashes. Crazy. I'll
have a look at other applets which use libkabc ...