List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Apple iCal & korganizer..
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-10-10 12:58:00

On Thursday 10 October 2002 14:25, Guenter Schwann wrote:

> How should the compatibility look like?
> Is it enough if it is done like this when loading a file:
>
> // compatibility for korganizer < 3.1
> if (event->doesFloat()){
>   if (event->dtStart()==event->dtEnd() ) {
>     QDateTime qdt = event->dtStart();
>     qdt.addDay(1);
>     event->setDtEnd(qdt);
>   }
> }

This doesn't work for multi-day events.

I think we have to explicitly check for the version in the PRODID and adjust
the dates for older versions. I would like to introduce a Compat class in
libkcal which takes care of such issues in an encapuslated way and doesn't
clutter the code with if/else statements. If I find the time I will do this
today.