List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Bug in libical
From:       Matthias Kalle Dalheimer <kalle () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2002-10-03 19:16:46

Hi,

I have just found and fixed a bug in libical; you may want to merge this fix
into HEAD already before KDE 3.1:

The problem was that the iCal parser "threw an exception" when it missed a
DTSTART property in a VTODO vCal with method REQUEST. However, this is
perfectly valid, as RFC 2445, section 4.6.2, page 54 says:

"the following are optional, but MUST NOT occur more than once
dtstart
"

The way the restriction table was setup, there had to be EXACTLY ONE DTSTART
property, instead of either ZERO or ONE. KOrganizer, however, would not emit
a DTSTART property if the "Start" check box wasn't checked (which is
perfectly right).

The fix is in kdepim/libical/design-data/restrictions.csv. (Cool, that's the
first bug I have fixed in a spreadsheet instead of a text editor :-))

I wouldn't be too surprised if there are more bugs of this kind in libical.
Now that I know how this thing is built, I hope it won't take me two hours to
fix the next one...

Kalle

--
Matthias Kalle Dalheimer