List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KAddressBook GUI design issues
From:       Anders Lund <temp_and () tiscali ! dk>
Date:       2002-10-01 21:25:30

On Tirsdag den 1. oktober 2002 01:28, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > * I would like to add the option to decide weather to display the
> > quickedit and details panes to the view configuration, with the
> > options for each to display, not display or inherit current state.
> > That way I could create views handy for editing and views handy for
> > viewing. (Again, just agree and I'll go on)
>
> I like that idea.

Ok, here is a shot of it so far. It is working, apart from I need to access
the actioncollection to set the toggleactions assigned to the tool views
correctly checked:

  int _s( 0 );
  config->setGroup( name );
  if ( ( _s = config->readNumEntry("ShowDetailsSetting") ) ) {
    setDetailsVisible( (_s == 1) );
    // FIXME here, we should set the KToggleAction correctly checked, but how
    // to access??
  }

Is there a smart way to access the action collection, or do i need to pass a
pointer to the viewmanager?

Also, the descicion on how we get rid of the nested tab bar will influence the
final design of this: if tool views becomes mutually exclusive, I will allow
to pick exactly one, otherwise I will change the dialog to allow a setting
for each (preferably in a generic way, so tool views can be added without
having to change this widget).

Finally, I'm not natively english speaking so sugesstions regarding the text
at the top of the widget (see the screenshot) would be appreciated;)

-anders

["kadressbookconfiguretoolviews.png" (image/png)]