List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] vcc.y
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2002-09-25 22:01:05

eggs.ebn.kun.nl$pwd
/mnt/src/kde/kde-3.1/src/kdepim
eggs.ebn.kun.nl$find . -name vcc.y
./kpilot/conduits/vcalconduit/versit/vcc.y
./libical/src/libicalvcal/vcc.y
./libkcal/versit/vcc.y

So there's three of them. The one under KPilot could safely be removed, it's
not used anymore. What about the other two? I can't really tell which of the
two is better. On the one hand there's

1042,1044c1108,1110
<               /* ignore whitespace in this mode */
<               case '\t':
<               case ' ': continue;
---
>               /* ignore tabs/newlines in this mode.  We can't ignore
>                * spaces, because values like NEEDS ACTION have a space. */
>               case '\t': continue;

Where the latter is apparently fixed, but also

1144,1145c1195,1196
<       char msg[256];
<       snprintf(msg, sizeof(msg), "can't open file '%s' for reading\n",
fname);
---
>       char msg[255];
>       sprintf(msg, "can't open file '%s' for reading\n", fname);

where the former is obviously more security conscious. Finally, the vcc.h file
in libical is broken:

eggs.ebn.kun.nl$grep Mime ./libical/src/libicalvcal/vcc.h
./libkcal/versit/vcc.h
./libkcal/versit/vcc.h:typedef void (*MimeErrorHandler)(char *);
./libkcal/versit/vcc.h:extern void registerMimeErrorHandler(MimeErrorHandler);

since the type MimeErrorHandler is needed when compiling libical (is it just
me that actually does that when building kdepim?) it dies on compiling. Have
khz or kalle been messing with it?

Anyway, isn't it time to use one or the other? Then I'll know how many copies
and which ones need patching wrt. timezone leakage in FreeBSD.

--
http://freebsd.kde.org/