List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kaddressbook printout sorting again
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-20 17:42:01

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 06:09:18PM +0200, Jost Schenck wrote:
> Hi,
Hi Jost,

> this is fine with me. As I'd really like to contribute more, I have some more
> questions:
>
> a) as I don't know KDE PIM code very well I doubt whether I'm good at helping
> with bug fixing at this point ... is it okay, if I start implementing
> features for after 3.1 or is this considered 'unsporting behavior'?
No, you can already start implementing it.

> b) if a) is okay, is there a branch for post-3.1 or should I just keep things
> on my box?
Keeping in your box would be the best. Forking isn't worth for such
small changes.

> if a) is not okay, any special place you want me to help bugfixing?
> (kaddressbook seems to be almost perfect according to bugs.kde.org
> and I don't know cyrillic or hebrew :)
:) You could help us by finding new bugs. I played around with kaddressbook
the whole day and found a lot of bugs that appears only under special
condition. But also these bugs should be fixed for the release.

> > Furthermore will the base class PrintingStyle provides methods for specify
> > search settings that will be applied to the above mentioned GUI items
> > if the style gets activeted.
> > Would that satisfy your needs?
>
> i.e. specify which search options are offered at all (as some might not make
> sense with some print styles) and which one is the default, yes?
Your PrintingStyle could use this method to force/suggest a aplphabetic
ordering. Other PrintingStyles won't suggest something, so a default sorting
will be used (e.g. FamilyName ascending)

Ciao,
Tobias
--
In a world without walls and fences who