List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] More work to do on kaddressbook code
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-19 5:36:21

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 10:19:22AM -0400, Mirko Boehm wrote:
> <Zitiere wer="Tobias Koenig">
Hi Mirko,

> > So we have to add a new DragType I guess. Has anybody experiences with
> > it?
> Well as far as I understand it it will be providing a mime source for the
> drag. Then the information passed will be twofold: a text (full email), and
> a vcard. Both are defined mime types, and applications can either use the
> text or parse the vcard.
Yepp, we can use KMultipleDrag for this purpose.

> Internally, we should have the viewmanager provide information on what is
> dragged around to prevent having to create and parse vcards containing our
> own data.
IMHO it's not necessary. If you drag an addressee from the view and drop it
back on it, no new addressee is insert.

> On the other hand, being able to parse vcards out of a dropped mime source
> data inside kaddressbook will allow for better interoperability with other
> (even non-KDE) applications. But his has no priority for 3.2.
It shouldn't be a problem to implement it. Just add a new if() statement in
ViewManager::dropped() that tests for a new VCardDrag::canDecode() and
passes the drag content to KABC::VCardConverter.

I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

> > Yes I know, but a working DistributionListEditor has a higher priority
> > atm.
> Maybe we are able to fix that after beta 2 and before the final release.
Yepp

Ciao,
Tobias
--