List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Palm m130
From:       The Evil Platypus <platypus () fia16-23 ! dsl ! hccnet ! nl>
Date:       2002-09-17 22:48:05

Hi,

Just checked out the KPilot Home Page at
http://www.slac.com/pilone/kpilot_home/ and found that very little is
known about the m130 indeed. It's basically the m120/125 but with color
and for those you report no sync via USB.

Just wanted to let you know that I got my m130 to sync nicely via
USB. Well, to all that nice since I haven't compiled in hotplug support
I have to push the sync buttong just before the daemon launches the
first time but if I leave the palm in afterwards i don't have to restart
anything.

Here's a very non-tech report:

Set up USB in the kernel and compile in (or as module) the USBvisor
following The Visor Howto (http://www.linuxpda.com/visor/howto/).

create the symlink (as described in the doc) for /dev/pilot and
/dev/palm as follows:

lrwxrwx---    1 root     root           12 Sep 18 00:04 palm ->
/dev/ttyUSB1
lrwxrwx---    1 root     root           12 Sep 18 00:04 pilot ->
/dev/ttyUSB0

Quick testrun with pilot-xfer and the configure KPilot for /dev/pilot
and USB-m505. It errors on me if i have a password in my Palm but works
fine after that and sync the info with KAddressBook. Before I forget, it
doens't seem to do anything for KOrganiser but does report a sync for
the todo and calendar (I might just be doing something wrong,I'll work
on it ;)).

Hope this helps in some tiny way, keep up the good work!

Patrick Londema