List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Can somebody have a look?
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-15 12:22:41

On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 11:38:10PM -0400, Mirko Boehm wrote:
> Hey Folks,
Hi Mirko,

> it is late, and I have the feeling my mind is getting slow :-)
>
> I have added code to pass requests to send mail and browse to the viewmanager.
> Anyways, when running kaddressbook, I get:
>
> QObject::connect: No such signal KABDetailedView::sendEmail(const
> QString&address)
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'DetailsViewContainerBase')
> QObject::connect: No such signal KABDetailedView::browse(const QString&url)
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'DetailsViewContainerBase')
You shouldn't use variable names in a connect statement. You can see in the
error message, that QObject expect a signal 'sendEmail(const QString&address)'
and not 'sendEmail(const QString&)'.
I've fixed it in CVS HEAD together with a bug in ViewContainer. You connected
the signals of m_look with slots of ViewContainer. But it should be connected
with the signals of ViewContainer.

BTW it looks really nice now. Could you remove the code for the old
detailled view asap, so the code would get much clearer.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
In a world without walls and fences who