List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] RE: [Kroupware] KMail als KParts-Container.
From:       "Best, Jan-Pascal van" <j.p.vanbest () tbm ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2002-09-12 6:47:50

Guenter wrote:
> 2.) I'd suggest to make this kroupware-mode by using a new
> backend. This
> would exchange the currently used "CalendarLocal" (in libkcal) with
> "CalendarIMAP" (or similar name) which loads/saves it's data
> not from one
> file but from one directory (IMAP-folder via IMAP-KIOslave). This
> shouldn't be a big deal...

We were already planning a multi-calendar setup for KOrganizer in
KDE3.2.
This may be of interest to you.
My current work can be downloaded from
http://tux.ict.tbm.tudelft.nl/~janpascal/exchange/
It contains the kresources framework. A resource is something like a
calendar
store, or an addressbook store. Resources come in families of types,
which
are loaded as plugins. The base class of resources is KRES::Resource.
From
this we derived KCal::ResourceCalendar, for resources delivering
calendar
information. This is the "calendar" resource family. At the moment,
there
are two types of calendar resources: type "local", which supports
calendars
stored in iCalendar files, and type "exchange" which supports calendars
stored on an Exchange server. These type as installed as plugins. There
is a kcontrol component for defining and selecting resources for every
resource family. Using this component you can define e.g. several local
calendars (your own, your wife's) and calendars on exchange servers.

All calendar resources come together in the MultiCalendar class.
KOrganizer uses
this as a drop-in replacement for the Calendar (or CalendarLocal) it
currently
uses. MultiCalendar in effect merges the calendar resources to present a
single
Calendar for KOrganizer.

Cheers

Jan-Pascal