List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Colors in the monthview of KOrganizer?!
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-05 20:59:05

On Thursday 05 September 2002 12:37, Karsten Schulz wrote:

> But I wonder, why there are no colors in the month view?! IMHO this
> is a break in the KOrganizers' GUI. So I played around to implement a
> colored monthview and found out, that a colored background looks very
> ugly:
>   please have a look at <http://www.t800.org/bgcolor.png>

Would this look better, if the colored text background would use the
whole area of the entry (including the icons and without the white
borders around it)?

> So I tried to change the text color and set it to the category color,
> which is used as background color in the agenda view and in the week
>
> and I must say, I really like that look :-)! The colored text gives
> you a hint, to which category the incident belongs.

It looks fine, but the todos are barely visible. I don't think that this
is acceptable. There has to be a way to use the colors which ensures
that the text is always readable. The agenda view does this by choosing
the text color depending on the color of the background event widget.