List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] importing a .vcs file into active calendar on click
From:       Daniel Molkentin <daniel.molkentin () sap ! com>
Date:       2002-09-05 8:13:32

On Thursday 05 September 2002 00:41, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> If you are talking about mail attachements, these should be
> automatically forwarded to the KOrganizer iMIP import. This has all the
> features necessary to deal with this kind of data in a reasonable and
> safe way.

You mean using korganizerIn? The problem is that sometimes those files are not
attached but referenced as URL..

> > I am curious, which situations did you think of?
>
> If you have multiple calendars it might be convenient to be able to view
> them by clicking on them in Konqueror. Another example would be, if
> somebody sends you a complete calendar as attachement of a mail. You
> don't want to import it into your calendar without being able to look
> at the data being imported, do you?

What's more likely? Someone sending you a single appointment or someone
sending you a complete calendar? Face it: Joe User will use his single
calendar and wants to import new Dates in 99% of all cases...

So lets come to the practical side again: I suggest adding a dcop signal and
the default action should be to ask the user wether he wants to merge it with
the active caldendar (is there anything flagging a calendar as "active"?) or
wants to open the contents in a new calendar view.

Cheers,
	Daniel

--
Daniel Molkentin <daniel.molkentin@sap.com>