List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KPilot Conduits: SyncAction::exec()
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2002-09-04 12:13:13

On Monday 02 September 2002 21:54, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> On Monday 02 September 2002 08:54, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > > Jason Day now released a new official version of libmal:
> > > http://jasonday.home.att.net/code/libmal/libmal.html
> >
> > That sounds like a good base for making a BSD port.
>
> He wrote me about some problems he had on solaris, so it seems he
> tries to make his library work on many platforms.
> Unfortunately, the Makefile doesn't have an uninstall target, but it
> only installs the libmal.{so*,la} and the mal headers in a
> directory called mal.

Heh, "port" has a different meaning in BSD-land. Very confusing for Linux
users and the rest of the world. I see now that it just includes the whole
source for malsync -- what's different? Could malsync be ported to libmal? I
mean, it's a bit wasteful to have a library and an application built out of
the same sources. Ie. having malsync.rpm and libmal.rpm would be wasteful
too.

Other than that, it builds out of the box on FreeBSD, I'll submit it to the
ports tree.

--
Work: http://www.cs.kun.nl/~adridg/frescos/
Play: http://freebsd.kde.org/  http://slac.com/~pilone/kpilot_home/