List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kaddressbook and Siemens ME45
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-04 9:32:02

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 12:46:05AM +0200, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> On 03.09.2002 20:20, Tobias Koenig wrote:
Hi Wolfgang,

> > Yes, I took a look at the source code of scmxx and it is really the
> > mobile phone that generates the old vcard format => buy a new
> > mobile phone ;)
>
> I just did a few days ago. This is the one.
Oops, sue the producer... :)

> > I've no glue about mobiles and their syncronization, but kandy uses
> > AT commands to communicate with a mobile phone, so maybe it should
> > already work for you to find the correct AT commands.
>
> these AT commands are mostly documented. See home page of scmxx.
> This is not the problem. My question was - how could this be integrated
> into kaddressbook?
The syncronization code shouldn't be included into kaddressbook. Take a look
at kitchensync instead. It's the syncronization tool for KDE (3.1?).
But I guess it can't handle mobiles atm, only PDAs.

> If I should try to do this, where should I start?
Either try to add the syncornization code for address and calendar to
kandy or start porting kandy code to kitchensync.

> btw this is how to get an address book entry (calendar entry would
> be similar, VCAL format)
>
> at^sbnr="vcf",0
Can you input an other type instead of "vcf" here? What means the '0'?

Ciao,
Tobias
--
In a world without walls and fences who