List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Stuck in time zones
From:       "Best, Jan-Pascal van" <j.p.vanbest () tbm ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2002-09-03 13:01:12

Hi all,

I'm stuck in timezones. I'm trying to read appointments off
the exchange server by webdav properties, in order to avoid the
mimelib debates on the kmail mailing list. This goes very
well, except for the time zone handling. I get datetimes in
ISO9601 format, which result in UTC times. How do I handle
those so that they turn up allright in KOrganizer? I tried
asking the calendar (a CalendarLocal in this case) what it
wanted, but
  kdDebug() << "Calendar->getTimeZone(): " << mCalendar->getTimeZone()
<< endl;
gives me sometimes 0, sometimes 393219, so that's not much use.
The timeZoneId() is "Europe/Amsterdam", as it should, but how do
I translate this into offsets to UTC?

By the way, the event on the server also has a timezone
property, an ical VTIMEZONE string, but I guess I should
use the calendar settings, because those should determine
how the appointment is viewed.

Thanks for any help,

Jan-Pascal

--