List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] (important) KAddressbook issues
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-08-26 13:04:15

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 11:49:26PM +0200, Martin Thierer wrote:
> Hi Tobias,
Hi Martin,

<schnipp>
> Ok. That explains why the lines 2) and 3) always where the same
> for me. I only used "ordinary" names :-). I still think that
> empty and duplicate lines should be sorted out.
Yepp, that could be done

> > Solution: Either make it read-only or provide an other
> > mechanism to set the formatted name.
> > Maybe we could replace the combobox by a single lineedit that
> > is not updated automatically, but there will be a button next
> > to it that will raise a dialog with some possible values?
>
> I don't know much (read: hardly anything) about Qt and KDE
> programming and haven't looked at the source of KAdressbook yet,
> so the following might be nonsens, but anyway:
<schnipp>
Hmm, I fear there will be some conditions where that doesn't work.
Maybe we could rework the code for 3.2 but fpr now we need a
quick-to-implement and stable version.
(Cornelius, what's about my suggestion?)

> > > 4. If I have a "&" in the name of a filter, it is displayed
> > > correctly in the combobox in the toolbar, but not in the
> > > "View -> Select Filter" menu.
> >
> > Well :)
> > "&" is used in strings to tell the qt toolkit that the next
> > character is a key shortcut (the next character is displayed
> > with a underline) You shouldn't use the "&" sign in any
> > strings that are handled as menu entries.
>
> Hm. I think the program should handle that, not the user :-) I
> think it should parse the name and replace "&" by "&&" before
> setting the menu entry
> (http://doc.trolltech.com/3.0/qmenubar.html#details).
Yepp, but that has to be done in KSelectAction. We use this class and
give it a stringlist of the items. KSelectAction display it either in the
MenuBar or in the ToolBar. So this class has to do the parsing.
(Will ask on kde-core-devel for it)

> > I can't reproduce it here. If I select a filter and create a
> > new entry it's not shown in the view until I select the 'None'
> > filter.
>
> You're right, I couldn't reproduce it either. But I found another
> problem which could be the reason why I thought that it doesn't
> work: Obviously the program remembers the last selected filter.
> When it is started again, it shows this filter in the combobox
> in the toolbar, but it seems not to use it. So I probably just
> thought the filter was active (because the combobox said so),
> but it wasn't.
Well, I'm working on it. It seems there is a bug in KSelectAction... :(

Ciao,
Tobias
--
In a world without walls and fences who