List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Re: Kpilot
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2002-07-25 17:18:04

[Followups to the list, since that's the correct place for this kind of
questions.]

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Michael Davis wrote:

>     Good Afternoon!  I am running Red Hat 7.3 and I am trying to
> configure my cradle with the kpilot program.  I have a USB cradle, and
> not sure what I need to do to configure it....any suggestions?  I have
> looked on your website and see the following for a serial port, but
> nothing for USB.

Check that you have a device that pilot-link understands on the USB port.
In particular, newer devices like the m50x series need pilot-link 0.10 at
least -- I have no idea what RH ships these days.

You might try something like (off the top of my head):

	pilot-xfer -L -p /dev/ttyUSB0

or perhaps

	pilot-xfer --version

to get the version number of pilot-link. With pilot-link 0.10 and KPilot,
just set KPilot 4.2.3 or later (preferably the version from KDE 3.0.1) to
use your USB port (usually ttyUSB0, but check your system logs to find out
which one is connecting) and things should be OK.

> /dev/pilot is just a symlink to a serial port. You also need read/write
> permission on that port. If you are using COM1

Or symlink /dev/pilot to the device that you're using now.