List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Questions re: installing CVS
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-18 14:46:50

On Thursday 18 July 2002 16:18, Anguo wrote:
> On Thursday 18 July 2002 05:36 pm, Don Sanders wrote:
> "Running KDE 2.x and KDE CVS on Same Machine"
> http://www.kde.org/kde2-and-kde3.html
> This link is not working.
>
> What is the working link to the above page?

I don't know, but http://developer.kde.org/build/build2ver.html has
information how to run a CVS version in parallel to a stable one.

> I have Mandrake 8.2 with kde 2.2.2 and I need  a stable machine...

You should consider upgrading to 3.0.2. There are RPMs for that and it's not
less stable than 2.2.2.

> Do I need to install the cvs for the whole of kde, or is there a
> possibility to have the cvs for kaddressbook only?

You need at least kdelibs/kabc and kdepim. If you still use KDE 2.2.2 you will
need a new Qt and all of kdelibs in addition.