List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Creating another KCal::Calendar implementation
From:       "Best, Jan-Pascal van" <j.p.vanbest () tbm ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2002-07-17 14:44:31

Hi all,

I'm trying to define another KCal::Calendar implementation,
name (surprise surprise) ExchangeCalendar. I've started
with CalendarLocal and stripped it of most functionality.
No exchange functionality is added yet (all calls return zero,
or empty appointments, or empty lists), but I'm having
trouble getting KOrganizer to use the new ExchangeCalendar.

I've tried changing KOrganizerApp::displayImminent to create an
ExchangeCalendar instead of a CalendarLocal, but strangely enough,
this doesn't seem to have any effect on korganizer's behaviour.

Then I tried modifying the CalendarView constructor, creating an
ExchangeCalendar instead of a CalendarLocal there. This killed
korganizer: without leaving debug messages in the log, without
core file, it just disappeared.

Any idea how to persuade korganizer to use the new Calendar class?

Cheers
Jan-Pascal

--
Jan-Pascal van Best