List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Marcus Bains line
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-04 13:08:23

On Thursday 04 July 2002 13:49, Best, Jan-Pascal van wrote:
> > timezone should be a variable and not a function according to
> > the manpage of
> > localtime. What's the output when you remove the line with
> > the timezone reference?
>
> Wouldn't it be possible to use KRFCDate::localUTCOffset() to
> find out about the timezone?
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/classref/kdecore/
> KRFCDate.html#ref3

The timezone variable is only used in the test program, where I tried to get
as much information as possible. The KOrganizer code doesn't use it. It just
uses QTime::currentTime(). This is the same as the clock applet does, so I
really don't understand why there is a difference. It's really difficult to
debug a system you don't use yourself.

--
Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher.kde.org>