List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] [RFC]: KDE GroupWare solution
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe82 () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2002-06-15 8:03:04

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 08:26:25AM +0200, Guenter Schwann wrote:
Hi Guenter,

> > > One more thought:
> > > If we want to replace Outlook, then we only have to care about
> > > groupscheduling and addressbook-server-access. But groupware can be
> > > much more! (see: "work flow")
> >
> > What exactly do you mean by "work flow"?
>
> I mean that documents are passed around digitally to the correct employee,
> after another one checked it in.
> Or "working together on one document".
But is 'working together on a document' a task for a PIM framework?
I think MS has mixed something up with its products, and now the
whole world think it's correct. IMHO workflow, that has nothing to do
with either calender or addresses, shouldn't be handled by a PIM
application. Normaly we need a standalone program for it, that is
able to access PIM informations via libkabc.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
In a world without walls and fences who