List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Addressbook - link to advance contacts ?
From:       Bryan Brunton <bryanbrun () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-06-14 14:43:54

<< All you  have to do is take the SQL-backend in CVS. Change the table-settings,
call it "Advance" and be happy. That's what we wanted to tell you all the
time.
And you wanted us to do, what Tobias, Cornelius, Mike, Anders, Don, Mirko (did
I forget a kaddressbook developer?)  allready did in CVS. >>

No, Guenter, I know all about the SQL resource option that is available in CVS.  In
my first reply on this very thread you can read what I said:

"As the kde-pim support for the SQL resource is real early code, I don't have immediate
plans to do this.  I'm probably the only person who would.  I'd consider doing it once
that code firms up. And then there could be libkabc stumbling blocks that could make
the task impossible."

Over the course of the thread I discovered that the sql backend is the dependency that
kmail needs working to talk to different databases.  I tried using that code from CVS
but it seemed to be broken or wasn't working and I didn't have the time to figure it
out.  I might get around to seeing if I can get it working in the next couple days.