List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Feature plan 3.1 libkabc
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-13 9:04:28

On Thursday 13 June 2002 10:37, Tobias Koenig wrote:

> here is the content of the feature plan for libkabc,
> is everbody ok with it?
>
> - Extend vcard format implementation for GEO, CLASS and KEY entity

Are there any other fields which are present in the Addressee API, but not
handled in the vcard storage backend? I think the vCard and the binary
storage have to support all fields which are accessible by the API.

> - Store every Addressee in single file for file resource

We have to make sure that the locking and the change notification don't get
broken by this step.

> - Add LDAP resource

I think we still don't have agreed on how to do this in the best way, but it
would be very desirable to have this as part of libkabc.

> - Change kcm_kabc to support the new resources

> Are there any other issues I missed?

What about a plugin interface for adding things like the kde-common/accounts
resource from Carsten? I think this would be a very useful improvement as it
allows to develop outside of kdelibs. Many people seem to be more comfortable
to develop plugins than contibuting to the core code, so a plugin interface
could be a nice way of increasing code contributions to libkabc. It would
also provide a clean way of handling resources in the kabc kcontrol module.

> If not I'll send it to the KDE 3.1 feature plan. By the way how is it done?

Just add it to the file development-versions/kde-3.1-features.html in the
developer.kde.org module in CVS.

--
Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher.kde.org>