List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KPIM Workspace
From:       Bryan Brunton <bryanbrun () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-06-10 14:59:15

This insistence by the old school kde-pim guys that the integrated Outlook approach makes no sense
is just like anti-KDE/anti-Gnome people who contend that all anyone ever really need is fmv95 and
a few x-terms.

The answer to your question is really simple: substitute every good argument for KDE in response
to your question.

There are other functional goodies that the Outlook approach provides.

Have you seen the "Deleted Items" folder in Outlook?  Hmm, a central repository for all of my
discarded PIM items that can be searched and restored.   Now that could be useful.

The ability to search through all of my PIM data for certain keywords.

The ability to define a global categories list across all applications.

The ability to define access permissions on items.

You can actually do some of these on my QT PIM application, called Advance.

I suggest we drop the current kde-pim code base and develop Advance for a KDE 4.0 release :).

<< Could you explain me why? What's the difference having the application
running
as KParts in one "shell"-application, to having running them on one
desktop?>>