List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Configurable resource
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-01 21:38:46

On Saturday 01 June 2002 23:06, Tobias Koenig wrote:

> I commited the newest version of libkabc to cvs a few minutes ago.
> It supports multiple resources now, which are configureable with
> a kcontrol modul (Personalization->AddressBook Configuration).
>
> StdAddressBook does no longer provide the method fileName(). Is there
> a programm that use this function?

Yes, at least kabcfrontend. This also breaks binary compatibility.
Please don't remove existing methods.

> Furthermore StdAddressBook::identifier() returns
> KApplication::randomString(10).

That's wrong. A random string can't be used to identify an addressbook
as it changes from call to call. This function is e.g. used to
associate distribution lists with the corresponding addressbook.

> As resource you can select between vcard, binary and a pre-alpha-sql
> resource ;)

What happens, when the addressbook is switched from one resource to the
other? Is the addressbook data automatically converted?