List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Addressbook conduit for KPilot?
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2002-05-24 8:12:07

Adriaan de Groot wrote:

>On Friday 24 May 2002 00:37, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
>
>>Adriaan, would it make sense to also use a backup database on the pc to be
>>able to do an even smarter sync than now?
>>

>Porbably. You should certainly update the backup database with whatever
>information you read from the current database and the addressbook (ie. at
>the end of a sync, the local database should be a copy of what's in the
>pilot). Use ConduitAction::openDatabases() for that.

Good. What does your implementation do if no backup database exists yet?
in the vcalconduit (vcal-conduitbase.{cc,h}) I try to fetch the palm
database and set the full sync flag. IMO, something like this should be
implemented in your openDatabases, too, to avoid the need for a backup
sync prior to the first sync. If your implementation does all that, I'm
more than happy to through out my code and tighten up the vcal conduit.

>Note that none of the other conduits does this, though. Still work to do.

Both KOrganizer  conduits do, as I implemented it myself ;-))

Reinhold