List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] XML format for kabc
From:       thefrog <thefrog () rlac ! de>
Date:       2002-05-22 18:48:19

Am Wednesday 22 May 2002 08:41 schrieb Tobias Koenig:

> > I discussed it a little bit with cornelius. The thing is we need some
> > kind of mapping between the kabc fields and database fields to make it
> > flexible.
>
> No mapping, structure ;)

Indeed, I mean 'mapping'.
The idea behind is that you can read from sql-structures different from an 1:1
structure. Of course, it's not necessary on an 1:1 approach, but gives you
more
flexibility on access to existing sql databases with different structures.

> I'll try to finishing the requestSaveTicket methode asap and then the
> resource should work. Maybe the storing could be optimized, because atm all
> entries are removed before the new entries are filled in.

Give me some days for a working mapping example. Nevertheless, it sounds great
!
rainald