List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Comments on Detailed View
From:       Mike Pilone <mpilone () slac ! com>
Date:       2002-05-20 15:01:14

First, let me say thanks to Mirko. I think it is great that kab and
kaddressbook can come together. I really like the detailed view and think
it is a good addition. That being said, a little constructive criticism...

- I agree with Cornelius that it needs a new name. Any view, given enough
fields, can be a 'Detailed View'. Mabye 'Preview View' or something like
that.
- Can we get ride of the extra search widgets since kaddressbook has
incremental searching built in at a higher level.
- The Select View combo needs to be renamed (or removed all together) since
the idea of 'Views' has already been used at an application level and would
prove confusing if used again.
- The Hide List and Hide Details buttons should probably bee removed, since
we already have a list/table view (hide details) and hiding the list
doesn't make the view very usable (no way to change/select contacts).
- Sorting should be done by the table view column headings to be consistent
with all other kde apps using the table view. I would even recommend that
we replace the table view in the Detailed View with an instance of a
KAddressBookTableView, since it already handles a lot of the stuff this one
will have to.

Otherwise is looks great!

-mike

--
Mike Pilone <mpilone@slac.com>        http://www.slac.com/mpilone/personal/
GPG Fingerprint = 856C 8B36 ECF7 9156 4611  7C6B C265 05C4 162F C3B5

See http://www.slac.com/mpilone/personal/mpilone_pub_key.gpg for full key.
See http://www.gnupg.org for GPG information.