List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Problem with Addressee::setNameFromString
From:       Mike Pilone <mpilone () slac ! com>
Date:       2002-05-08 17:32:17

As KAddressBook bug 42124 points out, there is a problem with the
setNameFromString method in KABC::Addressee. The method assumes that if
there is only one name, it should be the family name. This causes problems
if the user enters the given name in the Name dialog, then tries to open
the name dialog again. The name they set is now in both given and family
name.

I'm not sure of the best fix for this, or if there is a fix. If we change
the default of setNameFromString, the same problem will happen in reverse.

Ideas?
-mike

--
Mike Pilone <mpilone@slac.com>        http://www.slac.com/mpilone/personal/
GPG Fingerprint = 856C 8B36 ECF7 9156 4611  7C6B C265 05C4 162F C3B5

See http://www.slac.com/mpilone/personal/mpilone_pub_key.gpg for full key.
See http://www.gnupg.org for GPG information.