List:       kde-pim
Subject:    RE: [Kde-pim] Exchange 2000sp2 plugin: results!
From:       "Best, Jan-Pascal van" <j.p.vanbest () tbm ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2002-04-29 10:12:20

> I'm almost sure that a Calendar class implementation would require
> changes/improvements/additions to the KOrganizer architecture, so for
> me that would be the most interesting part. The details of upload and
> meeting details can probbaly treated more isolated, so this might be
> easier at the current stage (and it has to be done anyway).
On the other hand, I'd like to keep the Exchange stuff on the server
as much as possible, and when I do an update of an appointment,
do it as much as possible with the data on the server. If we
continue with the plugin now, and add an upload feature, that would
mean overwriting the existing appointments with whatever we could
extract
from it to KOrganizer.

This would lead me to favouring extending the calendar and event classes
to operate directly on the exchange server.

> I wasn't able to open your attachement. It doesn't seem to have a mime

> type KMail recognizes. Could you please send it again, or put it on a
> server for download?
Sorry, the outlook web exchange is acting funny sometimes.
The exchange plugin is now at
http://tux.ict.tbm.tudelft.nl/~janpascal/exchange-20020426.tar.gz
You also need the http patch of my previous mail.

Jan-Pascal

--
Jan-Pascal van Best
janpascal@vanbest.org