List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Advance, an Outlook-like PIM app, beta released
From:       Frans de Wet <Frans () de-Wet ! com>
Date:       2002-03-27 14:27:19

> I have released a quite functional beta of Advance, my PIM application.
> Advance is an personal information management (PIM) system which is
> database-backed, QT based, cross-platform and includes support for KDE.
> Advance was produced with KDevelop.
>
> Advance is designed to look and function as much like MS Outlook as
> possible as you can tell from this screen shot:

Bryan,

It is good to see something like this.  Whenever I talk to someone about KDE
and the likes and installing it with Linux in a corporate or small business
environment, the first and foremost complaint I hear is that it does not have
a proper personal information manager.  When I say that it does ... KMail,
KOrganizer ... etc, they smirk and say that it is not useful in that format.
They want a single managed user interface through which they can do
everything.

So, kudos to you!  I do not have much time right now, but I will be looking
into Advance to see what kind of prgress you are making.

Frans de Wet