List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] comment for feature request
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-26 21:57:09

On Tuesday 26 March 2002 14:53, Thilo Bangert wrote:

> i would like to be able to take a email from a kmail folder and drop
> it to the todo list in korganizer
> this would open a new entry - which is prefilled with the information
> in the email
> email body, subject, and participants is the information i can think
> of so far

I already thought about something like a "todo sink" as kicker applet or
in the system tray. This would be a drop target for arbitrary
information which would then be shown as todos in KOrganizer. So you
could drop a mail as in your example, but you could also drop a text
file, a pdf document, an URL etc.

We could automatically extract some information to be inserted in the
todos and could also add default actions based on the mime type. So it
would be possible to drop a mail and open it in KMail with a click in
Korganizer or open a pdf document in kghostview, open a webpage in
konqueror etc.