List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] About non-gregorian calendar systems
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () olympusproject ! org>
Date:       2002-02-26 17:33:51

hi..

> All code uses the abstract CalendarSystem interface. There is only one
> place, where the specifig GreogrianSystem or ChineseSystem is used, when
> the object is instantiated (based on user selection).

if you provided a factory method that returns an object of the correct
CalendarSystem subclass based on a QString identifier, then you would
alleviate the need for Frans to haveany knowledge of the specific
subclasses in his code.

provide a seperate factory method to return a QStringList (or whatever) of
all available CalendarSystem types so that the user can be presented with
their choices, and this would allow one to write a calendar interface without
ever worrying about what the various systems are.

something like:

class CalendarSystem
{
 public:
  static CalendarSystem* calendarFactory(QString system);
  static const QStringList& availableSystems();
}

this would also allow for the future addition of calendarSystem plugins that
are loaded are run time.

just a thought from my early morning brain ... =)

--
Aaron Seigo