List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] About non-gregorian calendar systems
From:       Carlos Moro <cfmoro () correo ! uniovi ! es>
Date:       2002-02-26 13:34:40

Hi

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 01:39:49AM +0100, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:

> To make it possible to use different calendar systems, we don't need to
> subclass QDate, we need a new interface class CalendarSystem, which
> provides functions to return for a given QDate object, which year it
> belongs to, how many months that year has, to which month it belongs,
> how many days the month has, how the month is called, etc. This
> implicitly also contains the conversion functions from and to gregorian
> dates, but so we have QDate as reference and only have to implement
> conversions for this system and not for converting between two
> non-gregorian systems.
>
> The different calendar views then have to use the CalendarSystem class
> to find out the information they currently have hard-coded.
>
> Each different calendar system would have to be implemented as a
> subclass of CalendarSystems, which provides all the required
> information through the common abstract interface.

  I agree, that's a powerful and flexible design, and we avoid re-writing quite \
complex date management funcionality that yet QDate provides... So we can focus on \
views and conversion routines...
  I'll  try to do some stuff in that way.

  	Salut everybody, it's a great pleasure to read all of you ;)

--

				Carlos Fernández Moro
				Departamento de Morfología y Biología Celular