List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] karm & beta & unstable features
Date:       2002-02-25 22:48:03

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:

> On Monday 25 February 2002 20:36, Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists wrote:
> >
> > I'm sick of waiting and updating my local version of karm. Does
> > anybody have a suggestion of how to go about providing to the public
> > my "unstable" version of kdepim? I sure would like to have it in the
> > kdepim CVS branch... but how?
>
> If you want to make a public release you could create tarballs and
> announce them on apps.kde.com. I think there is a script in kdesdk to
> build the tarballs.

Yup, I've got some patches up on
http://sourcepole.ch/sources/software/karm/ which is linked in from the
pim.kde.org page (btw. why the hell is kdepim.kde.org not pointing to pim?
It's as old as Methusalem), but that makes it IMHO even more difficult for
people to follow.

> If you just want to have your code in CVS, you could make a branch of
> kdepim/karm, but I'm not sure, if that is worth the effort. The freeze
> will be over in a few weeks and then you can commit your changes anyway.

That's probably what I'll do if nobody objects.
*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch
	     Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11