List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] [kab] Mail-Alias und Gnus/BBDB
From:       Stefan Nobis <stefan-ml () snobis ! de>
Date:       2002-02-24 17:41:25

Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher@kde.org> writes:

> > And what about aliases (for mail, nicknames,...)?
>
> An alias is the same as a distribution list with only one entry, isn't
> it?

Hmmm... as i understand "distribution list" it's a new entry in the
database. On the other side, an alias is stored with the database entry to
which it belongs. For me, that's quite a difference.

I like the idea of 'one person -> one entry in the db'.

But i have to admit, that i never had a look at kaddressbook 3, so probably
it's already perfectly fine for me. :)

> > The interesting thing about bbdb is the very good integration in
> > (X)Emacs and also in Gnus, much like (if not better :)) the KDE-Pim
> > applications.
>
> So why do you want the integration with KAddressbook?

I don't like bbdb that much, but XEmacs/Gnus. I would like to use KAB for
managing all my addresses and contacts and use Gnus for my mails. One great
thing about kde-pim is the ability to synchronize with Palm or a cellular
phone.

--
Until the next mail...,
Stefan.