List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KPilot w/IIIc
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-20 23:25:17

On Sunday 17 February 2002 10:38, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> 'Leafs, and other mythical beasts. I'm going to assume you're using CVS
> HEAD KPilot, as becomes a Real Developer (tm) with CryptoPower (tm).

  Yup of course.

> > It _does_ work if I start a backup/hotsync within 1-2 seconds after
> > launching KPilot+Daemon.  If I wait longer, then I just get timeout
> > errors.
>
> Could you try kpilotTest? It's a noinstall_PROGRAMS target, and gets built
> in kdepim/kpilot/kpilot/. You'd run it with something like
>
> 	./kpilotTest --port /dev/cuaa1
>
> You get the same log window (and splash thingy) as in KPilot itself. When
> you hit the HotSync button on the cradle, it should (*cough*) give you a
> listing of all the databases and .prc's on your pilot.

   The first time I tried this, it worked fine.  I used -b, but then cancelled
from the palmpilot side.  Trying again failed.  (I tried another 5 times
after that and they all failed).  I'm guessing maybe it was just lucky the
first time through?

> >    pi_accept is where the error apparently occurs each time.
>
> Which pilot-link version, BTW? I've never actually used a PalmIII with
> KPilot, perhaps -- but very unlikely -- they're slightly different from the
> V is use for testing.

    v0.9.3-98 (SuSE 7.3 RPM)

> > In addition, the couple of times that I managed to time it _just_right_
> > and make it work, the log window seems to stop displaying text after a
> > certain point (about 50% past the number of visible lines?).  Trying to
> > select text in the window makes the missing text appear.
>
> I reiterate: that's really weird. Hmm .. i could easily add another
> debugging conduit (for listing databases, or somesuch) to see if it's a
> real conduit issue, a serial comms issue or something else.

   Dunno.  Would that help you? :)

--

George Staikos