List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kpilot problem
From:       Brian Postow <bpostow () cs ! umd ! edu>
Date:       2002-02-18 17:24:53

Adriaan de Groot spake:

> > I've been using kpilot for 3-4 years now, and until recently, had no
> > problems with it. Just recently, though, I can't recover from
>
> Have you been updating regularly? Which version of the software does your
> problem report relate to? CVS HEAD? 4.2.3?

Oh, sorry, it's whatever came with Redhat 7.2. 4.0.1 I believe.

> Can you get debugging output? What does it tell you if you run kpilotDaemon
> with the --debug 1023 option? (Don't mail the output to the list, but
> direectly to me, since it's pretty verbose) What directory does the question
> about restoring ask you? In CVS HEAD it's supposed to mention the directory
> it will use, which ought to be something like

I'll try that when I get home... thanks

> /home/brian/.kde/share/apps/kpilot/DBBackup/Brian Postow/
>
> (You should take a peek there to see if all the .pdb and .prc files are in
> fact in that directory).

Yes, I looked there, and everything's there. Kpilot can even see all
my memos, etc...

> If you still really need to restore your Pilot, you can use pilot-xfer or
> pilot-restore for that. Make a backup, and an extra backup, and a backup on
> floppy of your Pilot data. Take the floppy to a secure location. [So much for
> my backups rant] Use pilot-restore to restore all the databases and files.

Well I DO have a backup... but it's a matter of getting it onto the
pilot...

I'll email you the debugging info, when I get a chance.

Thanks

Brian