List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Recurring events: did you ever solve your kpilot problem?
From:       Friedrich Schunn <schunn () tuhh ! de>
Date:       2002-01-31 0:08:25

Hi

No, unfortunately I wasn't able to solve this problem.  BTW I even didn't try
very hard because I was short of time.  The problem still persists.  In the
meantime I installed some newer KDE packages (but still KPilot 4.2.3, just
more recent compilations from the SuSE update server) but they still show the
same behaviour.

Meanwhile I use to enter this kind of events on the Palm.  In addition to
that I try to avoid entering exceptions.  To me it seems to be better to
enter two events (e.g. before and after a holiday) than using exceptions.

Entering events with recurrence on the Palm and synching it with Korganizer
seems to produce less errors, but it is not yet completely flawless
(sometimes errors occur, sometimes not).  However, entering an event with
recurrence into KOrganizer and doing a HotSynch will result almost certainly
in an error.

At first I thought it might be related to the fact that I'm running KDE in
English but the Palm language is german.  But if you (I suppose the language
on your both devices is English) face the same problem, I think it is a
KPilot but.

Friedrich