List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KPilot Developer's notes for jan. 25th
From:       Dag Nygren <dag () newtech ! fi>
Date:       2002-01-26 9:08:01

> Found my Pilot again, made tea, thought about Dag's and Neil's comments
> on ColdSync (I still believe that ColdSync has the drawback that it's not
> meant to be a library you can build on, it resembles the pilot-xfer tools
> much more than anything else). Grepped for dlp_ in the sources. They seem
> fairly isolated, which is good -- maybe we *can* move to some other Pilot
> access method.

Nice that I triggered some thought process on this :-)

I don't know why you think that the coldsync stuff wouldn't
be meant to build on though.
The library calls are all well documented under docs and
most of them seems to be quite close copies(?) of their corresponding
pilot-link functions.
The library seems more or less to be a development of the old
pilot-link stuff.
This should make it quite  easy to change to coldsync.

Your comment also made me think a bit more about a change
of libraries.
At first I thought that I would make a quick IFDEF:d hack of the
appropriate parts, but now I started thinking about abstracting
a pilotaccess class....
Shouldn't have done that ;-) , now I have almost nothing so far and
have a job-triip to Dublin next week => nothing will be done...

BTW. Have you been following the new stuff in pilot-link ?
Is kpilot in sync ? Does it compile with the newest versions ?

BRGDS

Dag