List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] synching framework in kde
From:       "Maarten Stolte" <maarten.stolte () veronica ! nl>
Date:       2002-01-25 9:24:01

> > This seems rather cool indeed, what i'm mostly thinking is that the
> > connector architecture needs to be simple, very simple, so people can
> > easily script an input connector for KitchenSync from MyBookmarks, and
> > other people, like the konqueror developers, but maybe also Kmerlin and
> > Kvirc can build output plugins to get those bookmarks into their apps.
> >
> The way I understand it, syncing is (in general, there may be exceptions)
> two-way process. So, there should be no distinction between input and
output
> plugins/conduits/konnectors. Right?

Indeed, the whole synching framework is just an information center, ask,
put, etc, it all just needs a common thing, which imho should be some kind
of xml/xsl architecture.
I think Jabber has lots of 'hacks' which provide it with connectivity to
anything from MSN, ICQ to blogger.
This is the way I think the end result should be, i would like to be able to
use kmail to edit my weblog, to send icq messages to kmail users etc..
I understand this is all rather vague, and will probably take alot of
thinking, but it's something which XML and the state of uberconnectivity we
are going to reach eventually will be providing, if not in KDE, then in
Windows 2004 or something else..

Maarten