List:       kde-pim
Subject:    RE: [Kde-pim] synching framework in kde
From:       Cuendet JeanEric <JeanEric.Cuendet () tetralaval ! com>
Date:       2002-01-24 10:07:44

> KitchenSync could imho be a central place connecting 'things',
> everything from a palm to kmail, to .Net's MyFavoriteSites(?) to
> Konqueror's bookmark manager. These connections should come
> as plugins,

That's a VERY good idea. I think that there should be connectors that
Input/Output common types of data: CalendarEntry, AdressbookEntry, Mail,
NotesEntry, etc...

This could lead to a great architecture where each plugin would be able to
speak to each other in the following way for example:

 -----------       -------       --------------
| PalmPilot | <-> | KSync | <-> | phpGroupWare |
 -----------       -------       --------------
 -----------------       -------       ----------
| Exchange (IMAP) | <-> | KSync | <-> | KDE apps |
 -----------------       -------       ----------

Whit that, you could:
- Synchro between apps and devices (ex: Palm <-> KDE apps)
- Import/Export through apps (Ex: Exchange -> phpGroupWare)
- Sync and view server data through apps (Ex: View Exchange/phpGW through
KDE apps)
I would love it.

What I'm ready to do is making a connector for phpGW if soneone told me
where to begin and which Interface to implement.

Thanks.
-jec