List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Nothing happens while synching
From:       Andre Somers <a.t.somers () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2002-01-23 19:02:38

On Wednesday 23 January 2002 17:18, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Nils Weisensee wrote:
> > I would like to use my Palm V with Kpilot and Korganizer and KMail and
> > KNotes, but when I start hotsynching, almost nothing happens: KPilot
> > starts and the Palm starts synching too, but there is no more visible
> > action... it seems that no Conduit is startet and no data is transfered.
>
> Quite possible. Have you configured KPilot to use conduits (Menu
> Settings->Configure conduits)?
>
> > Kpilot and KOganizer and KMail semm to be installed properly.
> > I used the RPM-Packet from the Suse-LinuKS-Site. Suse 7.3 is runnning on
> > my machine.
>
> Please read the message from Chris Abiad -- KPilot 4.2.3 is a little
> dodgy.

I experience the same thing, using my good old (serial) PalmPilot Pro (yes,
they still are being used!). KPilot has been configured to use conduits for,
in my case, Korganizer and Kabc, but only the backup feature seems to work.
Trying to configure the Korganizer conduit crashes the application.

System:
-PalmPilot Pro (serial)
-Pentium II 392, 256MB, plenty of HD space
-Redhat linux 7.2
-Kernal 2.4.10
-KDE 2.2.2
-KPilot 2.3.0b (installed from the RPM package by Martin)

Any thing I can do to give more helpfull information?

Thanks anyway, I think everyone working on the PIM suite is doing a great
job! I'm sure it will get working sometime, and when it does, it is a great
addition to the Linux platform.

Andre