List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Concerning the VCal conduit
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2002-01-21 23:01:47

Goodness gracious, sometimes it's actually easy once you get the hang of it.
The VCal conduit now syncs new appointments to the KOrganizer calendar
without breaking the .ics file (this is under 2.2.2) and it's reasonably fast
too. Of course, some will point out missing features like: deleting deleted
appointments and syncing from Korganizer to the Pilot. That's for some time
down the road.

None of this is committed yet, simply because it's still so feature-poor (we
can argue about features vs. bugs all night though).

Anyway, now I see that Calendar::deleteEvent(Event *) is one function I need
to fill in the desired functionality. But I have a question about
Calendar::getAllEvents() -- this one is *really* inefficient. Each call
builds up an enormous QList -- I guess I can cache this, but I get antsy
about having several separate pointers to one Event and dealing with deleting
things. (Yow, this is really incoherent. Beer -> !Code).