List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kab -> kabc
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-22 0:53:37

On Monday 21 January 2002 23:50, Mark Westcott wrote:
> So whats the consensus about migrating users from kab to kabc.  I
> agree with Neil - a .upd file is best.  Needs to be done before RC1
> :-).  Any volunteers?

Once again, kconf_update is for updating KDE config files (which are
used by the KConfig class). Neither the old nor the new addressbook are
these type of file.

What should be done is to extend kab2kabc, so that it can be called
from a desktop file in the autostart directory and when finished writes
a config entry, that prevents startup of the converter multiple times.
We probably need a command line option to distinguish a manual call of
kab2kabc from the autostart call.