List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KPilot/Handspring Visor problems
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2002-01-20 22:01:50

On Saturday 19 January 2002 23:30, Simon Richards wrote:
> I've got the visor and usb modules loaded.
>
> Would it be worth getting the serial cradle - is that
> better supported (for syncing the Visor in KPilot)?

Better supported, but as George says still problematic. Unless you have money
to burn, don't bother. Use JPilot to keep your data safe, or use the
following magic recipe:

1) In a konsole window, type

	sleep 3 ; kpilotDaemon<enter>

2) Count one-mississippi two-mississippi
3) Hit the HotSync button

Timing is everything here.

Just for keeping backups of your data you can use the snapshot-tarball and
use KPilotTest, which is compiled but not installed:

	kpilot-only-2.2/kpilot/kpilot/kpilotTest --backup --port /dev/ttyUSB0

should do the trick.