List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] KPilot and USB Visor Help
From:       "Christopher G. Abiad" <cabiad () engmail ! uwaterloo ! ca>
Date:       2002-01-04 21:06:17

Hi!

I'm having problems USB syncing my Handspring Visor Deluxe with kpilot.

I've carefully gone through the HOWTO from:
http://www.linuxpda.com/visor/howto/current/t1.html

I've been able to successfully back up my visor by pushing the sync button at
the same time that I issue the command:
mkdir ~/visorbackup; pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB1 -b ~/visorbackup

However, it is important to me to get the visor apps sync'd with KDE apps
(especially calendar and address book), so I would like to use kpilot.  If I
start kpilot without the visor in the crade, the kpilotDaemon fails to find
the device at /dev/ttyUSB1.  I confirm my settings and the program shuts down.

If I hit the sync button with the visor in the crade and start kpilot at the
same moment, the visor reports "Synchronizing", and the daemon icon in the
system tray shows the hotsync icon for a moment.  The system tray icon
quickly returns to the default icon (red and green arrows, instead of green
and white).  After a few moments, the visor times out on the hotsync.

"kpilot -v" reports the following:
Qt: 2.3.1
KDE: 2.2.2
KPilot: 4.2.3

Is there anything I can try to make this work?  I'm using kernel 2.4.17 with
USB and visor support built in (not as modules).

Thanks for any help!
chris