List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] [Fwd: Re: KPilot]
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-12-14 12:36:15

Hej Dennis,

["Dennis" er ikke et dankse navn. Hvorfra kommer du?]

You wrote to Paal, and now it's hit the list, let's see what we can do:

> Using kdepim-2.2.2-3.rpm and kdepim-kpilot-2.2.2-3.rpm in KDE 2.2.2 on
> Suse 7.3 with A (old) PalmPilot Professional, I get:

Oh, wow, a PPPro. I've got one of those, but without a cradle, which makes
testing it kinda difficult. [Anyone got a leftover cradle? Or a hint on
what I can use instead?]

> 1) On first sync with Palm after initial backup, it erases my Palm's
> calendar!

Eww. That must have something to do with the
erase-appointments-that-have-disappeared-from-korganizer code. You know,
I'm just going to remove that in the next release (and watch appointments
show up again in KOrganizer if you delete them there but not in the pilot)
and deal with the logic of removing appointments later.

> 2) After reinstalling Datebook, it will sync to the Korganizer file,
> when is then however not able to use it.

That's just too weird. This is the second report of KPilot molesting the
Korganizer file I've had in two days, both from Debian. Since KPilot just
uses the libkcal methods for loading and saving, there must be a problem
there. Can you diff(1) the file before and after a sync?