List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] was: KSharedFile
From:       Ingo Assenmacher <ingo.assenmacher () post ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       2001-12-12 16:58:09

Hi Nick,

Am Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2001 17:07 schrieb Nick Papadonis:

> If someone succeeds in creating a Data Proxy to the database, we would
> then effectively have a calender server.  The running database acts as
> a server to the data proxy libraries.
>
> No?

I do not know if the term "Calendar Server" is overloaded.

If we refer to it as a transparent storage (plus more) of Calendar Data for
usage with kOrganizer, I think we are there after connecting the
dbase-approach to kOrganizer.

If the term does mean an industrial strength solution, I do not know what
that would include for us to think about (as I do not know any standard in
that field...).
Additionally I would continue to refer to the dbase approach (which I still
consider valuable) as "dbase-approach" and to the industrial standard as
"Calendar Server".

Maybe there is somebody out there who has more experience on terms here?

Regards, Ingo.