List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Re: PSION connectivity
From:       Mark Hurenkamp <Mark.Hurenkamp () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2001-12-11 22:49:11

Hi Ingo,

First of all, my apologies for my late reply.
I've taken a first look at your document, and I was quite impressed. However,
I don't have the time right now to look at the details.
I will get back to that asap.

My view at the Sayanara project is that it is a great starting point, but it
is still lacking some functionality that I would like to see, most
importantly beeing 2 way communication.
I gave it a first try (still need to contact the maintainer about where to
send the license fee :-), and it seems that 'raw' data, is actually vCard
data.
There is still a version problem though, it claims to be version 1.4.x, but
it should say 2.0. After fixing that manually, I was able to read the data
into KOrganizer :-)
(Found that fix on a mailing list, it seems to be a more 'general' problem
with data exchange between gcal and KOrganizer).

> Hi chaps!
>
> I have done some research over the past days and wanted to share this with
> you, although the documentation is far beyond perfect.
>
> I put the draft resources on:
>
> http://www.wissenswerkzeug.de/EPOCLinuxPIM/index.html
>
> This site may be seen as workaround until we have a more "established" comm
> plattform.
>
> I switched to Latex for documentation purposes and inserted these files
> into my local CVS repository. Anybody is invited to participate in that
> documentation and the documentation process (I stored the needed resources
> for this on the above page, too).
>
> -> I hope that there will be some discussion as I do not claim to be the
> 'wise-guy'!
Don't worry, I'll take a look :-)

> The fonts in the pdf are a bit screwed up, but print is ok. (does anybody
> have a solution for this? I keep reading about it, but have not had time to
> apply an hint on the font-issue... just asking ;) (btw: creating a dvi from
> the tex-file does provide a monitor-readable version)
Not sure what that problem is about...
I was able to view it, and print it, just fine.

Mark.